This program is called "Selling Images and Values."
15) MADD Dolls PSA (2:47). This PSA appears to be an ad for toy dolls, until it turns into a drama about drunk driving.
16) Ground Zero Ads: Blast From Past (9:37). Ground Zero is a small ad agency with a flare for some deeply nutty and compelling advertising.
1 7) Date Rape Ad Campaign (4:00). This print campaign for Toronto’s Rape Crisis Centre sprang from a belief that a controversial campaign grabs more attention than a straight-up approach.
18) Meet King Joe (4:46). A 1949 cartoon character leans that he and his fellow workers are the world’s most privileged consumers.
19) Religion In Advertising (8:54). This video offers a look at some bizarre and controversial ads that employ religious imagery in marketing campaigns.
20) Culture Jammers (5:58). MediaTelevision’s tenth anniversary program examines social activism in the Information Age.
21) Culture Jam: Hijacking Commercial Culture (15:34). Culture jammers attack commercial ads with spray paint, felt pens, and sarcasm. Is this civil disobedience in the name of self-defence, or is this vandalism?
22) PSAs Aimed At Youth: Rehab (1:07). A plea to teens to take action and pro vide support when friends use drugs.
23) PSAs Aimed At Youth: Brain (0:37). A bundle of wires short circuits and catches fire when exposed to the ravages of drugs.
24) Chosen (10:31). This BMW advertisement doubles as a short Internet film. Director Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) cr eates a gem about innocence in the midst of a car chase.